Payables Accountant Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Issue purchase orders as appropriately requested.
• Prepare payments by verifying documentation, accurately coding payable, and preparing checks (A/P process).
• Perform month end closing process for A/P.
• Reconcile subsidiary records to financial statements for A/P.
• Complete trade account adjustments as needed.
• Prepare sales tax computation quarterly.
• Review expense accounts with department supervisors as necessary.
• Assist in preparation of workpapers for external audit.
• Assist in budget preparation as needed.
• Assist in accumulating and providing costing information.
• Assist in year-end inventory counts/process.
• Prepare 1099’s/1096 at December 31st.
• Fill-in for accounts receivable clerk, when absent.
• Assist in maintenance of Y-Tex item numbers.
• Assist in maintenance of standard operating procedures manual.
• Protect operations by keeping all financial information confidential.
• Contribute to the team by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Assist in any other area as deemed necessary by management.
? Detail oriented.
? Proficient in Excel and Microsoft Office.
? Ability to compile and analyze data.
? Experience with accounting software programs with the ability to adapt and learn new systems.
? Accurate typing and ten-key skills.
? Effective communication both written and verbal.
? Work well with others and independently.
Grasp confidential nature of proprietary and private information: Ability to process highly confidential information without communication through improper channels such as home, friends, other employees, etc.
Excellent BENEFIT INFORMATION available after successful review period.
Thanks for your interest in employment with Y-Tex Corporation!
For more information, or to apply for this position, please contact the HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org , complete an Online Application or call 307-587-5515.